What you would be doing,
- Define the target architecture and cloud service, apply the architecture and design patterns for cloud
- Interact with application teams to understand business requirements and expectations.
- Establish best engineering practices through solid design decisions, processes, and tools.
- Technical product qualification (benchmarking, suitability, performance characteristics) of relevant hardware and software for use case requirements.
- Write server side code to create robust production offerings that are highly available, scalable and can cope with burst demand.
- Champion Agile best-practices, processes, and tools in support of DevOps processes.
- Ensure proactive capacity planning and expansions.
- Mentor application teams to define the target architecture and cloud services
- Evaluate and propose new technologies for business solutions.
- Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role.
- Understand and comply with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws and regulations, including those governing anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group’s policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
What we are essentially looking out for,
- Required ability to write code. Ideally in Python or Java.
- Required expertise with Oracle, MS-SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL (RDS)
- Required expertise with MongoDB, Cassandra DB, Redis or other noSQL/in memory databases
- Required expertise Software Defined compute, storage, networks (SDDC).
- Required expertise in networking, VPC, DirectConnect, ELB, Route 53, Cloud Front
- Required expertise in cloud security, policies, IAM
- Required experience and expertise in Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment practise, tooling and techniques (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, git; Jenkins, Artifactory, Terraform, Packer, Rundeck, Ansible, AppDynamics)
- Required experience with at least one of data analytics tools such as Splunk and/or ELK.
- Strongly advantageous – experience of deploying and controlling virtual machines in a cloud services environment, preferably with Amazon Web Services or other cloud providers such as Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
What you will need,
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications: IT related tertiary qualification or equivalent experience.
- Licences and Certifications / accreditation – Associate or Professional level of AWS Certification (SA, SysOps), ITIL v3